I realized yesterday that I forgot to mention that I moved to a different village two weeks ago! I had been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of people filing into Antigua for Semana Santa (Holy Week) and I really wanted to be more immersed into a Guatemalan family. About the same time the opportunity arrose to move in with my teacher, Nancy, her husband, Carlos, and two daughters, Shirley and Hazel, in San Antonio Aguas Calientes. This village of 10,000 people is known first and foremost for their hand woven textiles- said to be the finest in all of Guatemala. I will try to add some more photos as I take them around town, but here is a photo from the hilltop looking down on San Antonio.
Friday, April 3, 2009
San Antonio Aguas Calientes
I realized yesterday that I forgot to mention that I moved to a different village two weeks ago! I had been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of people filing into Antigua for Semana Santa (Holy Week) and I really wanted to be more immersed into a Guatemalan family. About the same time the opportunity arrose to move in with my teacher, Nancy, her husband, Carlos, and two daughters, Shirley and Hazel, in San Antonio Aguas Calientes. This village of 10,000 people is known first and foremost for their hand woven textiles- said to be the finest in all of Guatemala. I will try to add some more photos as I take them around town, but here is a photo from the hilltop looking down on San Antonio.