Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in Antigua. The sun was out, the air was clear, and I got to hike an active volcano! God is incredible. I hope you enjoy all of the pictures, our guide, Leonel was fantastic and the company was wonderful. I met a woman named Tanya, from Israel, who works at a girls shelter for teens who need a safe haven from abusive homes outside of the city of Jerusalem. We talked a lot about the heartache and pain we have both seen in our young friends but also got to talk a lot about hope. We talked about Isaiah the prophets words in chapter 61... and the promise that these girls who we have broken hearts for, can be made new, and that God desires that they become ¨mighty oaks... a planting for the Lord¨. Dreaming for them together in that bumpy tour bus was by far my favorite moment in Guatemala thus far.