Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back in Antigua

I arrived back in Antigua on Sunday night and moved back in with the Orizabol family where I had stayed in the fall. The first day or so I spent just wandering around the streets and soaking up the gorgeous 78 degree weather and sunshine and bumping into a few old friends in my favorite cafés, tiendas, and street corners. I came back to Antigua with almost no concrete plans, but have felt such incredible freedom in that! I have signed up for six hours of Spanish lessons a week at a new school, and had my first class with my new teacher, Ana Elizabeth (Betty) on Thursday. Tuesday I toured what is known as the Scheel Center in a neighboring village with my friend, Brandon. Brandon recently took the position of ¨El Director¨ of this school of 100+ students and I am stepping out in faith that this is where the Lord wants me to spend most of my days (I will be starting there on Monday morning)! I will post more information on the school and what exactly I will be doing in my next blog- but for now, if you would like to learn more about it you are welcome to check out the link for Nuestros Ahijados on the side of my blog and then search for ¨The Scheel Center¨.